Why Westquarter and Redding Cricket Club
Westquarter & Redding Cricket Club
- Established in 1908, WRCC are a community focused club who have won a number of awards over the past few years.
- 2021 Cricket Scotland Disability Cricket Champion Club (1 of only 3)
- 2019 Sunday Mail / SportScotland Local Club of the Year
- 2019 Finalist Best Dementia Friendly Community Initiative
- 2019 Cricket Scotland’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Awards
- 2016 Cricket Scotland’s Most Welcoming Cricket Club
- 2015 Cricket Scotland’s Biggest Change Makers in Scottish Cricket
Equality and inclusion runs through everything we do from work with Enhanced Provision classes, coaching for childen with autism through to our Alzheimer Scotland and newly formed disability section we have something for everyone.
Why Sponsor Us:
We are not just a cricket club, we are an integral part of the community have grown the membership from 42 to over 200 in the last 5 years.
The clubhouse is situated within 2 acres of freehold land and has excellent amenities for players, spectators and corporate guests, with dining facilities for up to 100, whilst the ground contains a large stand and capacity for 500 supporters.
We operate in a county with many opportunities and a great community of thousands that will see your brand.
The club has a flexible approach to sponsorship, with perks ranging from but are not limited to:
- logo & link on social media posts and websites pages
- physical advertisement on club assets
- opportunities to advertise at club events
- priority access to tickets through club
- captive audience of club members for exclusive business promotions
- invites to club events
Alternative/supplementary perks can be arranged through negotiation dependent on the level of sponsor commitment
We are committed to giving you and your company the exposure and promotion you deserve. We recognise that without your support many of our club members would not be enjoying their cricket at the weekend!
The vision is to create a place for all; one where everyone belongs and all activities have a social element to bring the community together.
We will deliver this vision by providing opportunities for those with disabilities, promoting inclusion and equality, reducing social isolation and improving health and wellbeing while bringing the community together and providing a place to connect.
Our aim is to make the local community a better place to live by addressing the following:
- Providing opportunities to improve the lives of people with disabilities.
- Promoting inclusion and equality for the young and elderly.
- Tackling social isolation and the health and wellbeing.
- Connecting the local community and giving a sense of belonging.
Westquarter & Redding Cricket Club = 1908 - Present
Set up in 1908 as a cricket and cylce club we have always been involved in the local community.
In 1995 we sold our ground to developers and bought a farm with 3.3Ha of land. We turned a firled into a cricket pitch and the old cow barn into basic changing facilities.
In recent years we have also converted the old farmhouse in the club grounds into a children's nursery which we now lease to Glenbervie Kindergarden. The nursery has been open for over 5 years and provides a revenue stream which secures the financial future of the club and allows us to offer membership at an affordable level and to fund some of our work in the local community.