Why Demo Sported
WHO WE ARE
Sported is one of the UK’s leading Sport for Development charities.
We help the local heroes of community sport to build thriving and sustainable clubs and groups, in order that the most vulnerable and hard-to-reach young people in our society have the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
We have built a thriving membership network of over 3,000 amazing community sport and youth groups across the UK.
What makes Sported members so special is that each and every one uses the power of sport and physical activity to transform young lives and local communities across a range of Sport for Development outcomes, including:
1. Health and wellbeing
2. Crime and anti-social behaviour
3. Education and employability
4. Community cohesion
5. Inequality in sports participation
Our Vision is a World-Class Community Sport System across the UK, which:
• Draws on the knowledge, passion and networks of local community sport and youth groups, and works from the ‘bottom up’
• Provides equal opportunity for access to sport and activity and the associated benefits for currently under-represented groups
• Incentivises and enables different deliverers of sport and activity to work together for the benefit of all young people
• Routinely generates robust evidence to prove and improve its social impact.
WHAT WE DO
Making an impact at every level – our members, partners and policy
We build the capacity and sustainability of Sport for Development groups
The majority of community sport and youth groups are under-funded and under-resourced, often run on shoestring budgets by only a handful of dedicated staff and volunteers.
We support these local heroes by providing much needed professional expertise, resources and operational support to help them grow their capacity and improve their sustainability.