Why West Park Leeds RUFC
The club was founded in 1959 by masters and parents of West Park School and the Headmaster, Mr TL Mathews was the first President. Through the years West Park Leeds RUFC started to become successful and sought to acquire a ground of its own and in 1970 arrived at the Sycamores Bramhope.
More recently, in Spring of 2007 building work began on the development of vastly improved facilities, including a new club house, terracing, extensive floodlighting & a state of the art all weather pitch. Now the set up and facilities that are second to none anywhere in the Country; England World cup winner Neil Back, Head Coach of Leeds Carnegie, commented that, "The facilities must surely rank amongst the finest in the country."
The Cub house allows for social areas upstairs include a lounge bar, kitchen and dining area, audio-visual areas, committee rooms, offices and a shop. 240 covers can be accommodated in the function room.
The club is also a base for Carnegie Rugby Academy teams and Leeds Beckett’s Five Squads.