Why Springhill Cricket Club
Welcome to Springhill Cricket Club
Situated on the edge of Wolverhampton, our picturesque ground enjoys views over Staffordshire, Shropshire and Worcestershire. We have a proud history of providing cricket and community offerings to the local community since we were founded in 1948. We currently have 3 sides playing Saturday cricket in the South Staffs County Clubs Championship, in addition to a Sunday friendly XI and 1 side playing in the Worcester Border League. We have also run ECB national programmes All Stars and Dynamos to offer cricket to children from age 4 upwards.
We believe that cricket, and the social support it brings, should be open to everyone regardless of their age, race, religion, gender or sporting ability. We have a proud history as a multicultural club and running initiatives to bring people into the game.
What a Partnership Can Offer
Every sponsorship is a partnership with Springhill CC and our members. The benefits include:
- Audience: Our diverse playing membership from ages 13-75 means various age groups are open to brand exposure at the club. We believe our membership base offers opportunities for numerous businesses due to our membership variety with a captive audience for exclusive business promotions, driving top line sales.
- Facilities: The club offers a range of facilities available for hire, such as the playing facility and pavilion - suitable for a range of events. This creates huge brand awareness opportunities for brands to be seen across numerous sports, events or activities through the club.
- Digital: We are hoping to grow our social media platforms over the coming season, despite already using Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to promote the club and matches. Our following on these platforms are strong, totalling around 2,500 followers.
Future ambitions for Springhill CC
We are committed to continually make improvements to the club's facilities and offerings to support the clubs long term goals.
Our main focus areas are:
- The continual development of the club's facilities through various improvement projects including pitch extension, outfield levelling and the construction of an outdoor net training facility.
- Build on our community event offerings throughout the year to allow those who don’t play to still enjoy the facility and participate in the club’s activities.
- Establishing a youth set up to build of the success of our All Stars and Dynamos programmes to provide a safe and welcoming first access point into the game.
- Fielding a women’s softball side to enter into local competitions. This will create a pathway for women to enter the game with the longer-term goal of female players participating in hardball matches.